Cosmo Rodewald Concert Hall
Martin Harris Centre for Music and Drama
3 April 2016
Several members of our Medical Humanities Laboratory have been involved in this exciting project.
Book your tickets now! And let others know.
John Adams’ Gnarly Buttons reflects his father’s struggle with Alzheimer’s as does Kevin Malone’s Last Memory. The two solo clarinettists both recently lost a parent to Parkinson’s. Strauss’s poignant Serenade From an Invalid’s Workshop speaks for itself.
The concert will raise awareness of these issues. Proceeds will go to the charity Parkinson’s UK.
- Aaron Copland: Appalacian Spring
- John Adams: Gnarly Buttons
- Kevin Malone: The Last Memory
- Felix Mendelssohn: Konzertstueck No 1
- Richard Strauss: Sonatine No 1 ‘From an Invalid’s Workshop’
To book please visit http://tinyurl.com/jzbq3pv or phone the Martin Harris Centre Box Office.
Price: £15 / £7
0161 275 8951